WordPress stores your media files like image, video, audio, flash etc in a default location in the wp-content/uploads directory. The default media upload directory is wp-content/uploads/ . But if you don’t want to use this directory, you want to store your media files in another location. WordPress has an option to change this default media uploads location. Its very easy way but if you are very new to WordPress you may think it difficult. So what to do for this?
If you want to store your files in wp-content/my-media-files instead of wp-content/uploads then follow my instructions.
Go to your root directory where you installed your WordPress scripts.
Add following line at end of the wp-config.php file.
define( 'UPLOADS', 'wp-content/'.'my-media-files' );
If you don’t want to use wp-content and you want to store yours files outside of wp-contnet like http://www.example.com/my-media-files/ then use following line instead.
define( 'UPLOADS', ''.'my-media-files' );
- How I Changed My WordPress Image Upload Folder?
- Changing The WordPress Upload Path?
- Change file upload folders on WordPress?
- How to change default image uploads folder in WordPress?
- How to change WordPress file upload directory?
- How to Change WordPress Media Directories?